Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Bday to me...again!

Who celebrates their birthday twice in a year and gets to make birthday wishes all over again?! Uhuh (nods head)..mua did!


A few days ago, my uber cool friends threw a small bday celebration for me during the Prophet Muhammad's Bday since it was a public holiday. That was a Thursday. My bday is that following Saturday. So, my super uber adorable BF decided to throw a small BBQ gathering to celebrate my bday, again. Didn't served anything fancy. Just chicken, lamb chop, hot dogs...ect. You know, the normal stuff you'll get for a BBQ.



We called a few friends over and there we have it, a BBQ! Sid and HA were able to make it but Feesa had to be in PD to celebrate her mom's bday. My other friend, Maya and her new husband also came. Invited my cousin as well, but she had a bad case of upset tummy since she got back from HK. My housemate also couldn't make it cos she was away celebrating her bday in Bali.



BF bbq'ing the chicken and wala! The cooked chicken bbq. Slurpp...!!



Apart from the food that was served, BF also ordered a cake for me. Chocolate cake..yummy..my favourite! Oh...and as mentioned, I get to blow the candles and make my bday wish...for the 2nd time in week. Hehe. How cool is that? But me, being modest and all (ahem..), wished for the same wish that I made a few days ago. Would love to write down the wish here, but they say if you say what your wishes are, they wouldn't come true. Technically, I'm just putting it in a blog, but...if someone were to read this, it would be considered as telling, right?! Hmm..am not gonna take that chance! I'll just keep it to myself and hopefully it will come true!! (Keeping fingers crossed!!)



Left to right : The bday cake and BF trying to light the candles earlier


Left to right: After stuffing our faces and me with the bday present from HA


After stuffing ourselves with all that food (including the cake as dessert), we chill for a while outside before adjourning inside to gamble, no money included of course. Played for a while and then we called it a night.

I heard the next day that some of them were tipsy from the alcohol that was served, especially the JD, which none of them wanted to finish. Hehehe. Ohh...HA and Gee commented that the "tuak" that BF and I have kept since 2004, which my mom prepared, is tastier than the JD that we served. Guess when my mom made it, she was in the best mood as they say that a tasty "tuak" is the product of a happy heart! =)

No comments: